Our mission is to promote sportsmanship, teamwork and good character on the field and more importantly in the classroom. We believe that participating in our cheer program will help instill children with life-long values of teamwork, dedication and superior work ethic which will serve as a solid foundation for their journey. We are committed to teaching the fundamentals of competitive cheer in a safe and enjoyable environment which allows our children to flourish and learn. Coaches will emphasize proper warm up, conditioning drills, tumbling, stunting, game cheers and competitive performances.
The 2021 season is our 11th year for the Upland Hurricanes cheer program which has cheerleaders ages 4-14. Our cheer program has been very competitive over the years and brought home a Sharp International regional championship in 2015, 2016 and 2017! At last year’s Southern California Jr. All-American Conference Cheer competition we placed 1st in the Jr. Micro division and 3rd in the Micro division.
COST TO PARTICIPATE:
- The cost to register is $200 and all cheer participants have a single $150 fundraiser; we WILL NOT ask you more additional fundraising throughout the season like most other leagues. These fees will cover all practice spirit wear, full uniform, field, equipment and insurance expenses, picture package, trophy and end of year chapter banquet. In addition, our cheerleaders keep their entire uniform!
- This year cheer registration does not include Stunting Clinic fees or competition fees (including lunches) as we are still unsure if SCJAAF Cheer will be able to host these events. If and when we do get dates for these events, we will promptly address additional costs with our cheer parents.
- Complete the chapter forms and bring with you to our live-signups:
- Complete the cheer pledge and bring with you to our live-signups:
- Please note that all participants must sign up in person and submit full registration payment of $200 and complete the (1) mandatory fundraiser or buyout of $150 before the deadline of 7/20/2021 in order to secure a spot. Returners are not guaranteed a spot until they complete the registration process as well. Uniforms will be ordered on July 22nd to ensure timely delivery. We will not take in any additional cheer registrations after 7/20/21.
- Conditioning Practice: TBD
- Regular Season Practice: TBD
- Regular Season Practice 8/27-11/21: TBD
- Game Schedule: Full schedule will be distributed and finalized no later than 9/2. All games are Saturday; Home games will be held at Upland High School or Western Christian High School in Upland; Away games will be held at Southern California Jr. All-American chapter’s home fields.
STUNTING CLINIC AND CERTIFICATION:
- Cheer Safety Stunting Clinic (Ages 7 and Older): TBD
- Paper Certification: TBD
- Teams will be based on age as of July 31st for competition purposes but cheerleaders are allowed to cheer for their siblings in a different division for our tackle football games.
- The divisions are as follow: ♥ Flag ♥ Jr. Micro ♥ Micro Jr. Pee-Wee ♥ Pee-Wee ♥ Midget
- We require all participants to maintain a minimum 2.0 GPA to participate and do require a report card upon registration. Anyone in danger of falling below a 2.0 GPA will be required to submit progress reports to their Team AD for review. We value education! At our end of year banquet we recognize all our scholar athletes and we are pleased to state that we have over 70% of our participants achieving a 3.0 GPA or higher!
- Our program is run entirely by dedicated volunteers and we’re always looking for great coaches and team staff positions. If you would like to volunteer please apply at the link below as either coach or team staff. All volunteers are required to submit a background check (DO NOT COMPLETE UNTIL APPROVED TO BE ON STAFF) to ensure the safety of all our participants.
- There are no refunds of registration fee after the start of the first day of regular season practice or “grass time.”
- There will never be a refund for fundraiser or sponsorship money.
- No refunds are given to a player, cheerleader or mascot if they quit the team after the start of the regular season or “grass time.”
- No refunds are given to a player, cheerleader or mascot who is expelled from any team as a result of discipline.
- In cases where a player must be cut from a team based on the team composition rule of 28 players per team, a 100% refund of the registration fee will be issued by check within 2 weeks.
- As Parent/Guardian, you are responsible for your behavior, as well as, the behavior of other individuals who have come to watch your child or the children under your guardianship participate in our program. Additionally, local authorities will be notified of all threats, whether physical or verbal, made against children, adults, chapter officials, or referees which can lead to arrest and prosecution. Safety and the protection of all is our number one concern.
If you have additional questions please contact our Chapter Cheer Coordinator Ronnessa Singson at firstname.lastname@example.org